The MDVA-35197 patch fixes the issue where there's an error when adding to cart using GraphQL if previously added products become out of stock. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.17 is installed.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.6
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.5 - 2.3.6-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Error when trying to add a product to cart via GraphQL if the other product already in the cart (also added via GraphQL) becomes out of stock.
- Using GraphQL, add any product to the cart.
- Log in to the Commerce Admin panel and set this product as out of stock.
- Try adding another product to the cart via GraphQL.
In-stock products can be added to the cart.
GraphQL error message: Some of the products are out of stock. A new "in-stock" product cannot be added.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.