This article provides a solution for when you receive 403 errors when trying to access the Site-Wide Analysis Tool on Magento.
Affected products and versions
Magento Commerce Cloud 2.4.1+
You get a 403 error when trying to access the Site-Wide Analysis Tool.
Steps to reproduce:
Log in to the Magento Admin panel and click Reports > System Insights > Site-Wide Analysis Tool.
You see the Site-Wide Analysis Tool.
You see: Error 403.
There are two potential causes:
- You may have HTTP access control enabled. The Site-Wide Analysis Tool Dashboard does NOT support customers if they have HTTP Auth enabled.
- Your Magento administrator account may not have been assigned to the Site-Wide Analysis Tool Resource.
Check if you have HTTP access control enabled:
- Go to your Cloud Project URL and select your production or staging environment.
- Ensure HTTP access control is not enabled (see screen shot).
If when you next try to access the Site-Wide Analysis Tool there is still a 403 error, you may not have added the Site-Wide Analysis Tool role also known as Super Admin to your Admin profile. The Site-Wide Analysis Tool role is not assigned by default. It must be added manually, by the Customer Account Owner/Admin to each Customer Admin that wants access to the Site-Wide Analysis Tool:
- Go to System > Permissions > User Roles. In the upper-right corner, click Add New Role.
- On the Role Info tab under ROLE INFORMATION enter a descriptive role name and under Current User Identity Verification enter your password.
- On the Role Resources tab under ROLE INFORMATION s et Role Scopes to All or Custom.
- Under Roles Resources, set Resource Access to Custom.
- In the tree, select the checkbox next to Site-Wide Analysis Tool, and click Save Role.
You should be able to access the Site-Wide Analysis Tool when you next log in to the Magento Admin panel and navigate to Reports > System Insights > Site-Wide Analysis Tool. If you still get the 403 error submit a support ticket.
Articles in the Related reading section are visible for Signed in users only.