The MDVA-32655 patch fixes the incorrect "in progress" message status to the correct "complete" message for consumer
quoteItemCleaner after deleting several products. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.18 is installed. The patch ID is 32655. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.3
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure and Adobe Commerce on-premises 2.3.0 - 2.4.2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
quoteItemCleaner consumer executes only one message on each execution.
- Check the
queue_message_statusdatabase table and make sure all the existing queue messages are in a "Complete" state (status ID 4).
- Stop auto Adobe Commerce cron execution.
- Create two or three simple products.
- Do a mass delete on those three simple products.
- In the
queue_message_statustable you see that there are three new records for the
catalog_product_removed_queuetopic with status ID 2 (new record).
- Run the following command to process these pending
bin/magento queue:consumers:start quoteItemCleaner --single-thread --max-messages=100
select * from queue_message_status s join queue q on s.queue_id = q.id where q.name = "catalog_product_removed_queue";
catalog_product_removed_queue message statuses are updated to complete (ID=4).
Only one record out of the three is updated to "Complete" status (ID = 4). The status of the other two messages are status ID = 3 (in progress). A backlog is generated with unprocessed queue messages.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.