The MDVA-32655 Magento patch fixes the incorrect "in progress" message status to the correct "complete" message for consumer
quoteItemCleaner after deleting several products. This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool 1.0.18 is installed. The patch ID is 32655. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version:
Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.3
Compatible with Magento versions:
Magento Commerce and Commerce Cloud 2.3.0-2.4.2
Note: the patch can be applicable to other versions. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
quoteItemCleaner consumer executes only one message on each execution.
Steps to reproduce:
- Check the
queue_message_statusdatabase table and make sure all the existing queue messages are in a "Complete" state (status ID 4).
- Stop auto Magento cron execution.
- Create two or three simple products.
- Do a mass delete on those three simple products.
- In the
queue_message_statustable you see that there are three new records for the
catalog_product_removed_queuetopic with status ID 2 (new record).
- Run the following command to process these pending
bin/magento queue:consumers:start quoteItemCleaner --single-thread --max-messages=100
Only one record out of the three is updated to "Complete" status (ID = 4). The status of the other two messages are status ID = 3 (in progress). A backlog is generated with unprocessed queue messages.
select * from queue_message_status s join queue q on s.queue_id = q.id where q.name = "catalog_product_removed_queue";
catalog_product_removed_queue message statuses are updated to complete (ID=4).
Apply the patch
For instructions on how to apply an MQP patch, use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Apply patches using Magento Quality Patches Tool.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.