The MDVA-34189 patch solves the issue where Adobe Commerce executes large Visual Merchandiser queries when loading the Admin category page.
This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.18 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-34189. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version: Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.5-p2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions: Adobe Commerce on-premises and Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.4-2.4.2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Website runs large MySQL queries on the Production server.
- To access the Visual Merchandiser go to the Admin sidebar, click Catalog > Categories.
- Load the Categories page in the Admin panel (the initial root category load) and observe the queries that it executes.
The Admin Categories page should load without generating slow queries.
This depends on your PHP configuration. The most common example of this error is that the Categories page does not open and an error Error 503 first byte timeout displays.
Alternately when Adobe Commerce loads the Visual Merchandiser, it executes a slow MySQL query. This query includes many product IDs inserted in to
ORDER BY FIELD(e
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT section.