The MDVA-35155 Magento patch solves the issue where a bundle product can't be bought after the option title is changed.
This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.19 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-35155. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version: Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.5
Compatible with Magento versions: Magento Commerce and Magneto Commerce Cloud 2.3.0-2.3.5-p2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new QPT tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
./vendor/bin/magento-patches status .
Steps to reproduce :
- Create a new bundle product via Product Import .
- The product is normal in both the Admin and frontend (in stock and can be added to cart).
- Update the same product with changes in the name in
bundle_valuesand re-import the product.
Expected results :
The existing bundle option is updated to the new name and keeps the same items in it, as expected.
Actual results :
- Admin attempts to merge products with the same SKU into a single bundle-option section, and results in an empty option section.
- The product is out of stock on the frontend (even after a reindex).
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches .
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches .
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches .
- Check patch for Magento issue with Quality Patches Tool .
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.