The MDVA-35847 patch solves the issue of the Company User form not working and returning a 500 error on the front end. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.19 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-35847. Please note that the issue was fixed in Adobe Commerce version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.4.2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.1-2.4.2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Adobe Commerce B2B is installed.
Go to Stores > Attributes > Customer, and create a new custom customer attribute:
- Input type = Date
- Show on Storefront = Yes
- Sort Order = 0
- Forms to Use In = All forms
Create a new company.
Log in as company admin on the front end.
Go to the Company Users sections.
The Company User form loads normally.
The Company User form does not load and returns a 500 error.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.