The MDVA-31307 patch fixes the issue where
Magento\_Csp/Model/BlockCache consumes a lot of memory and generates enormous cached strings, which causes problems for certain pages with a lot of dynamically whitelisting scripts and styles. The provided patch optimizes this process. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.19 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-31307. Please note that the issue is fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.2.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version: Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.4.0
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions: Adobe Commerce on-premises and Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.4.0 - 2.4.1-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Fixes the issue where there are Out of memory errors on certain categories due to problems with dynamic CSP whitelisting for cached blocks.
Steps to reproduce:
- Generate small profile fixtures (
- Open all category pages in different tabs.
[date and time] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 1073741824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 90112 bytes) in Unknown on line 0 [date and time] PHP Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 1073741824 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 33554440 bytes) in /app//vendor/magento/module-csp/Model/Collector/DynamicCollector.php on line 31
All the pages have opened correctly.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT section.