MDVA-35910: form validation broken when "Login as Customer" disabled
The MDVA-35910 patch solves the issue where the create customer account form validation is broken when the Login as Customer extension is disabled. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.19 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-35910. Please note that the issue was fixed in Adobe Commerce version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.4.1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.1-2.4.2
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool]: Search for patches page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Steps to reproduce:
- Navigate to Stores > Configuration > Customers. Disable Login as Customer in the Admin.
- Under Login as Customer, set Enable Extension = No.
- Save the Config, and flush the cache.
- Navigate back to the storefront, and click Register (Create a customer account).
- Fill out the account form, and confirm if the validation under Confirm Email is working or not.
The customer account creation process completes with no errors.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.