The MDVA-35910 Magento patch solves the issue where the create customer account form validation is broken when the Login as Customer extension is disabled.
This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool 1.0.19 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-35910. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version:
Magento Commerce Cloud 2.4.1
Compatible with Magento versions:
Magento Commerce and Magneto Commerce Cloud 2.4.1-2.4.2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new MQP tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
Steps to reproduce:
- Navigate to Stores > Configuration > Customers. Disable Login as Customer in the Admin.
- Under Login as Customer, set Enable Extension = No.
- Save the Config, and flush the cache.
- Navigate back to the storefront, and click Register (Create a customer account).
- Fill out the account form, and confirm if the validation under Confirm Email is working or not.
The customer account creation process completes with no errors, as expected.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check patch for Magento issue with Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.