The MDVA-35254 Magento patch fixes the issue with CAPTCHA fields not displaying after unsuccessful number of attempts in Checkout for 3rd-party payment.
This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.19 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-35254. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version: Magento Commerce Cloud 2.4.1
Compatible with Magento versions: Magento Commerce and Magneto Commerce Cloud 2.3.1-2.4.2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new QPT tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
./vendor/bin/magento-patches status .
Steps to reproduce :Configure CAPTCHA:
- Install and configure 3rd-party payment provider (Example: Braintree).
- Go to Store > Configuration > Customer > Customer Configuration > CAPTCHA > Forms .
- Select Checkout/Placing Order .
- Keep the Number of Unsuccessful Attempts to Login as default (default = 3 ).
- Login as a customer.
- Add any product to shopping cart.
- Go to the payment section in checkout.
- Select Credit Card payment method (Example: Braintree).
- Make 3 unsuccessful payment attempts.
Expected results :
The CAPTCHA field is displayed when the number of failed attempts is reached, as expected.
Actual results :
The CAPTCHA field never displays, only the error message: Please provide CAPTCHA code and try again.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches .
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches .
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches .
- Check patch for Magento issue with Quality Patches Tool .
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.