MDVA-35254: Checkout CAPTCHA functioning incorrectly
The MDVA-35254 patch fixes the issue with CAPTCHA fields not displaying after an unsuccessful number of attempts in checkout for third-party payment. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.19 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-35254. Please note that the issue was fixed in Adobe Commerce version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.4.1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.1-2.4.2
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Steps to reproduce:
- Install and configure third-party payment provider (Example: Braintree).
- Go to Store > Configuration > Customer > Customer Configuration > CAPTCHA > Forms.
- Select Checkout/Placing Order.
- Keep the Number of Unsuccessful Attempts to Log in as default (default = 3).
- Log in as a customer.
- Add any product to the shopping cart.
- Go to the payment section in checkout.
- Select Credit Card payment method (Example: Braintree).
- Make three unsuccessful payment attempts.
The CAPTCHA field is displayed when the number of failed attempts is reached.
The CAPTCHA field never displays, only the error message: Please provide CAPTCHA code and try again.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.