The MDVA-35254 Magento patch fixes the issue with CAPTCHA fields not displaying after unsuccessful number of attempts in Checkout for 3rd-party payment.
This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool 1.0.19 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-35254. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version:
Magento Commerce Cloud 2.4.1
Compatible with Magento versions:
Magento Commerce and Magneto Commerce Cloud 2.3.1-2.4.2
Note: the patch can be applicable to other versions. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
Steps to reproduce:
- Install and configure 3rd-party payment provider (Example: Braintree).
- Go to Store > Configuration > Customer > Customer Configuration > CAPTCHA > Forms.
- Select Checkout/Placing Order.
- Keep the Number of Unsuccessful Attempts to Login as default (default = 3).
- Login as a customer.
- Add any product to shopping cart.
- Go to the payment section in checkout.
- Select Credit Card payment method (Example: Braintree).
- Make 3 unsuccessful payment attempts.
The CAPTCHA field is displayed when the number of failed attempts is reached, as expected.
The CAPTCHA field never displays, only the error message: Please provide CAPTCHA code and try again.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check patch for Magento issue with Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.