The MDVA-22383 Magento patch solves the issue where reindexing the Product/Target Rule and Target Rule/Product indexers is taking too long. This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool 1.0.20 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-22383. Please note that the issue was fixed in Magento 2.3.5.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version:
Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.2
Compatible with Magento versions:
Magento Commerce Cloud and Magento Commerce 2.3.0-2.3.3-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new MQP tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
Reindexing the Product/Target Rule and Target Rule/Product indexers is taking too long.
Prerequisites: the issue happens when there is a large number of products.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a target rule with products to match the conditions, the conditions should add more product to collection and should have attributes (not categories or attribute set).
- Run the following command:
bin/magento indexer:reindex targetrule_product_rule
Reindexing is stuck; product saving is stuck.
Reindexing is completed successfully.
Apply the patch
For instructions on how to apply an MQP patch, use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Apply patches using Magento Quality Patches Tool.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.