The MDVA-22383 Magento patch solves the issue where reindexing the Product/Target Rule and Target Rule/Product indexers is taking too long. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.20 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-22383. Please note that the issue was fixed in Magento 2.3.5.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version: Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.2
Compatible with Magento versions: Magento Commerce Cloud and Magento Commerce 2.3.0-2.3.3-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new QPT tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
./vendor/bin/magento-patches status .
Reindexing the Product/Target Rule and Target Rule/Product indexers is taking too long.
Prerequisites: the issue happens when there is a large number of products.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a target rule with products to match the conditions, the conditions should add more product to collection and should have attributes (not categories or attribute set).
- Run the following command:
bash bin/magento indexer:reindex targetrule_product_rule
Reindexing is stuck; product saving is stuck.
Reindexing is completed successfully.
Apply the patch
For instructions on how to apply an QPT patch, use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Apply patches using Quality Patches Tool .
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply patches .
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches .
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Quality Patches Tool .
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.