The MDVA-22383 patch solves the issue where reindexing the Product/Target Rule and Target Rule/Product indexers is taking too long. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.20 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-22383. Please note that the issue was fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.3.5.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version: Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions: Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure and Adobe Commerce on-premises 2.3.0-2.3.3-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new QPT tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, run
Reindexing the Product/Target Rule and Target Rule/Product indexers is taking too long.
Prerequisites: the issue happens when there is a large number of products.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a target rule with products to match the conditions, the conditions should add more product to collection and should have attributes (not categories or attribute set).
- Run the following command:
bash bin/magento indexer:reindex targetrule_product_rule
Reindexing is stuck; product saving is stuck.
Reindexing is completed successfully.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT section.