The MDVA-34665 patch fixes the issue with missing bundled products on category pages. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.21 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-34665. Please note that the issue was fixed in Adobe Commerce version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.4-p2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
Adobe Commerce on-premises and Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.4-2.3.4-p2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
- Create 15,000 bundled products with one simple product as a bundle option. Do not use the same simple product with multiple bundled products.
- Simple products should be set to Not visible individually.
- Assign 15k bundled products into two categories, 7,500 each.
- Select all simple products (15k) and update the stock using product mass attribute updates. Our goal is to have many ids in the search cl table (cl tables are the tables that are used by the indexer to know which records need to be updated.)
- Make sure you have 15K ids in the
- Make sure the
indexer_update_all_viewsindexer is executed.
- Query the category page continuously and observe the product count.
The product count should remain as it was after the reindexing.
The product counts drops to 7,450 after a while. It remains in 7,450 even after the indexing is finished.
- Create a bundle product with an associated simple product as an option.
- Change the indexer modes to update on schedule.
- Assign the bundle product to a category.
- Change the stock status of the simple product to out of stock.
- Execute cron; the bundle product disappears from the storefront.
- Add stock back to the simple product and save.
- Execute cron indexer.
- Refresh the category page.
The product is still absent.
Bundle product reappears.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT section.