MDVA-34665: bundle products disappear storefront category page
The MDVA-34665 patch fixes the issue with missing bundled products on category pages. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.21 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-34665. Please note that the issue was fixed in Adobe Commerce version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.4-p2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
Adobe Commerce on-premises and Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.4-2.3.4-p2
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool]: Search for patches page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
- Create 15,000 bundled products with one simple product as a bundle option. Do not use the same simple product with multiple bundled products.
- Simple products should be set to Not visible individually.
Steps to reproduce:
- Assign 15k bundled products into two categories, 7,500 each.
- Select all simple products (15k) and update the stock using product mass attribute updates. Our goal is to have many ids in the search cl table (cl tables are the tables that are used by the indexer to know which records need to be updated.)
- Make sure you have 15K ids in the
- Make sure the
indexer_update_all_views indexer is executed.
- Query the category page continuously and observe the product count.
The product count should remain as it was after the reindexing.
The product counts drops to 7,450 after a while. It remains in 7,450 even after the indexing is finished.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a bundle product with an associated simple product as an option.
- Change the indexer modes to update on schedule.
- Assign the bundle product to a category.
- Change the stock status of the simple product to out of stock.
- Execute cron; the bundle product disappears from the storefront.
- Add stock back to the simple product and save.
- Execute cron indexer.
- Refresh the category page.
The product is still absent.
Bundle product reappears.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT section.