The MDVA-22026 Magento patch fixes the issue of being unable to import product images from an external URL.
This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool 1.0.20 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-22026. Please note that the issue was fixed in Magento version 2.3.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version:
Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.2-p2
Compatible with Magento versions:
Magento Commerce and Magneto Commerce Cloud 2.3.2-2.3.3-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new MQP tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
Steps to reproduce:
- In Admin, go to System > Import.
- Set Entity Type = Products.
- Set Import Behavior = Add/Update.
- Set Allowed Errors Count = 10000.
- Select the file for import.
- Click the Check Data button (which should validate the file).
- Click the Import button.
Successful import of products from CSV files, including images from external URLs, as expected.
Unsuccessful import of products from CSV files, including images from external URLs, and receive a similar error:
1. Imported resource (image) could not be downloaded from external resource due to timeout or access permissions in row(s): 4, 5, 8, 9, 16, 18, 20, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 28, 52, 53, 55, 58, 63, 70, 71, 77, 78, 83, 84, 91
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check patch for Magento issue with Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.