The MDVA-23845 Magento patch fixes the issue when unable to preview the email template in Admin when JS minification is enabled.
This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool 1.0.20 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-23845. Please note that the issue was fixed in Magento version 2.3.5.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version:
Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.3
Compatible with Magento versions:
Magento Commerce and Magneto Commerce Cloud 2.3.2-2.3.4-p2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new MQP tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
Steps to reproduce:
- Switch Magento to production mode.
- Go to Admin > Marketing > Communications > Email Templates.
- Click Add New Template.
- Select the New Order template.
- Click the Load Template button.
- Fill up Template Name with New Order.
- Click the Save Template button.
- In the email templates grid, click on Preview link in the Actions column.
The email template preview appears in the opened popup window, as expected.
The email template preview does not appear in the opened popup window. The popup window is empty, and JS errors may appear.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check patch for Magento issue with Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.