The MDVA-36138 Magento patch fixes the issue where when there are multiple items in the cart, the matching SKU in the Free Shipping is not getting free shipping applied to it. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.21 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-36138. Please note that the issue was scheduled to be fixed in Magento 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version: Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.4
Compatible with Magento versions: Magento Commerce and Magneto Commerce Cloud 2.3.2 and above
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new QPT tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
./vendor/bin/magento-patches status .
If a free shipping rule is applied to only specific items, the discount doesn't apply when there are other items in the cart.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create simple products - simple1 and simple2.
- Configure USPS (or any online shipping method):
- Allowed Methods:Priority Mail(one method selected for the purpose of not having a long list of methods in cart and checkout).
- Free Method:Priority Mail.
- Create a shopping cart rule:
- Specify coupon code
- Conditions tab: leave empty
- Actions tab:
Condition: SKU is simple1 Free Shipping: For matching items only
- Add simple1 to the cart.
- Apply the coupon code.
- Add simple2 to the cart.
Shipping price includes simple1 and simple2.
- simple1 - should have free shipping.
- simple2 - shipping should be paid.
Apply the patch
For instructions on how to apply an QPT patch, use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Apply patches using Quality Patches Tool .
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply patches .
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches .
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Quality Patches Tool .
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.