The MDVA-36424 Magento patch solves the issue where there are multiple websites and the default website base URL is different from the admin URL, the images attached to page builder elements disappeared when the category is saved for the second time. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.21 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-36424. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version: Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.6
Compatible with Magento versions: Magento Commerce and Magneto Commerce Cloud 2.3.5-2.4.1-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Media images attached to page builder elements are not being saved if the backend base URL is different from the storefront base URL.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a second website - website2.
- Set a different base URL for website2 (base URL used in admin should be different from the second website).
- Set the second website as the default website ( Stores > Settings > All Stores > Select the second website > set as Default ).
- Navigate to the category page in backend, go to a category edit view.
- Navigate to Content > Description .
- Add a column to the content and set a background image using the media gallery.
- Save the category.
- Go to the Content > Description again, you will see the saved image correctly.
- Save the category again.
- Go to the Content > Description .
Image get removed after category second save.
Image should not be removed when saving the category.
Apply the patch
For instructions on how to apply an QPT patch, use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Apply patches using Quality Patches Tool .
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply patches .
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches .
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Quality Patches Tool .
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.