The MDVA-36464 patch fixes the issue where send email settings are not working at the store-view level. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.21 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-36464. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.4.0-p1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.0 - 2.4.2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Install clean Adobe Commerce.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create an additional website, store, and store view (In this Example, the second website is website2).
- Disable Email notification on the global level in Store > Config > Advanced > System > Mail Sending Settings.
- Enable Email notification on the website2 level (Disable Email Communications = No).
- In Admin, create a new user, and assign it to the website2.
- In Admin, on the customer edit page, click Reset Password for the customer created above in Step 4.
Both the welcome email and the reset password email are sent, as expected, because Disable Email Communications = No for the second website (Example: website2).
- The welcome email after the creation of the new customer is not triggered.
- The reset password email is not triggered.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.