The MDVA-36464 Magento patch fixes the issue where send email settings are not working at the store-view level.
This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool 1.0.21 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-36464. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version:
Magento Commerce Cloud 2.4.0-p1
Compatible with Magento versions:
Magento Commerce and Magneto Commerce Cloud 2.4.0-2.4.2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new MQP tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
Install clean Magento.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create an additional website, store, and store view (In this Example, the 2nd website is website2.).
- Disable Email notification on the global level in Store > Config > Advanced > System > Mail Sending Settings.
- Enable Email notification on the website2 level (Disable Email Communications = No).
- In Admin, create a new user, and assign it to the website2.
- In Admin, on the customer edit page, click Reset Password for the customer created above in Step 4.
Both the welcome email and the reset password email are sent, as expected, because Disable Email Communications = No for the 2nd website (Example: website2).
- The welcome email after the creation of the new customer is not triggered.
- The reset password email is not triggered.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check patch for Magento issue with Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.