The MDVA-36464 Magento patch fixes the issue where send email settings are not working at the store-view level.
This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.21 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-36464. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version: Magento Commerce Cloud 2.4.0-p1
Compatible with Magento versions: Magento Commerce and Magneto Commerce Cloud 2.4.0-2.4.2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new QPT tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
./vendor/bin/magento-patches status .
Install clean Magento.
Steps to reproduce :
- Create an additional website, store, and store view (In this Example, the 2nd website is website2 .).
- Disable Email notification on the global level in Store > Config > Advanced > System > Mail Sending Settings .
- Enable Email notification on the website2 level ( Disable Email Communications = No ).
- In Admin, create a new user, and assign it to the website2 .
- In Admin, on the customer edit page, click Reset Password for the customer created above in Step 4.
Expected results :
Both the welcome email and the reset password email are sent, as expected, because Disable Email Communications = No for the 2nd website (Example: website2 ).
Actual results :
- The welcome email after the creation of the new customer is not triggered.
- The reset password email is not triggered.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches .
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches .
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches .
- Check patch for Magento issue with Quality Patches Tool .
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.