The MDVA-36833 Magento patch fixes the issue where pagination breaks when the shared catalogue is enabled and some products were excluded from shared catalog. This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool 1.0.22 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-36833. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version:
Magento Commerce and Commerce Cloud 2.4.2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new MQP tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
Excluding some products from shared catalog leads to broken pagination for search results.
Steps to reproduce:
- Enable Shared Catalog.
- Go to Catalog > Shared Catalogs and setup the default Shared Catalog by assigning all the products to it.
- Load the store front and search for "jacket".
- Note the products listed on the first page. There should be 12 products.
- Note down 11 SKUs from the 1st page. Go to backend and load Default Shared Catalog.
- Un-assign previously noted SKUs from Default Shared Catalog.
- Go to the store front and search for "jacket".
- Check the first page of the search results.
The first page has one product and the rest of the products are available on the second page.
The first page should have 12 products.
Apply the patch
For instructions on how to apply an MQP patch, use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Apply patches using Magento Quality Patches Tool.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.