The MDVA-36853 Magento patch fixes the issue when no images load since the page builder media gallery widget doesn't load when you have a large media directory.
This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool 1.0.22 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-36853. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version:
Magento Commerce Cloud 2.4.2
Compatible with Magento versions:
Magento Commerce and Magneto Commerce Cloud 2.4.2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new MQP tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
Steps to reproduce:
- Set Enable Old Media Gallery = Yes in Admin > Stores > Configuration > Advanced > System > Media gallery.
- Navigate to Content > Blocks, and create a new CMS block or edit an existing CMS block.
- Click on the Edit with Pagebuilder button.
- Add a media element.
- Click on the Select from Gallery button.
The media gallery widget and media gallery images both load, as expected.
The media gallery widget and media gallery images both do not load when you have a large
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check patch for Magento issue with Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.