The MDVA-36853 Magento patch fixes the issue when no images load since the page builder media gallery widget doesn't load when you have a large media directory.
This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.22 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-36853. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version: Magento Commerce Cloud 2.4.2
Compatible with Magento versions: Magento Commerce and Magneto Commerce Cloud 2.4.2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new QPT tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
./vendor/bin/magento-patches status .
Steps to reproduce :
- Set Enable Old Media Gallery = Yes in Admin > Stores > Configuration > Advanced > System > Media gallery .
- Navigate to Content > Blocks , and create a new CMS block or edit an existing CMS block.
- Click on the Edit with Pagebuilder button.
- Add a media element.
- Click on the Select from Gallery button.
Expected results :
The media gallery widget and media gallery images both load, as expected.
Actual results :
The media gallery widget and media gallery images both do not load when you have a large
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches .
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches .
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches .
- Check patch for Magento issue with Quality Patches Tool .
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.