The MDVA-36853 patch fixes the issue when no images load since the page builder media gallery widget doesn't load when you have a large media directory.
This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.22 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-36853. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version: Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.4.2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions: Adobe Commerce on-premises and Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.4.2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
- Set Enable Old Media Gallery = Yes in Admin > Stores > Configuration > Advanced > System > Media gallery.
- Navigate to Content > Blocks, and create a new CMS block or edit an existing CMS block.
- Click on the Edit with Pagebuilder button.
- Add a media element.
- Click on the Select from Gallery button.
The media gallery widget and media gallery images both load, as expected.
The media gallery widget and media gallery images both do not load when you have a large
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links, depending on your Adobe Commerce product:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.