The MDVA-36718 Magento patch fixes the issue when the old custom options remain after being changed via API.
This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.22 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-36718. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.4.1
Compatible with Magento versions:
Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.0-2.4.2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a simple product.
- Add a drop-down type custom option.
- Update the custom option via API: Send
The custom options are updated, as expected.
New custom options are added, but the old custom options remain.
Apply the patch
o apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check patch for Magento issue with Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.