The MDVA-35773 Magento patch fixes the issue with the Grand Total not being shown as zero on the invoice for orders with 100% discount.
This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool 1.0.22 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-35773. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version:
Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.6
Compatible with Magento versions:
Magento Commerce and Magneto Commerce Cloud 2.3.6-2.3.7 and 2.4.1-2.4.2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new MQP tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
Steps to reproduce:
- Navigate to Stores > Settings > Configuration > Sales > Tax.
- Set Catalog Prices and Apply Discount on Prices to Including Tax.
- Navigate to Stores > Tax Rules > Add New Tax Rule.
- Create a tax rule (Example: all USA with 10% tax rate), and apply it.
- Navigate to Marketing > Cart Price Rules, and Add New Rule.
- Create a rule with 100% discount for all users.
- Make an order on the Storefront:
- Choose Free Shipping.
- Apply Coupon Code.
The invoice Grand Total = $0.00, as expected.
The invoice with the a Grand Total = tax amount is created.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check patch for Magento issue with Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.