The MDVA-35773 Magento patch fixes the issue with the Grand Total not being shown as zero on the invoice for orders with 100% discount.
This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.22 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-35773. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version: Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.6
Compatible with Magento versions: Magento Commerce and Magneto Commerce Cloud 2.3.6-2.3.7 and 2.4.1-2.4.2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new QPT tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
./vendor/bin/magento-patches status .
Steps to reproduce :
- Navigate to Stores > Settings > Configuration > Sales > Tax .
- Set Catalog Prices and Apply Discount on Prices to Including Tax .
- Navigate to Stores > Tax Rules > Add New Tax Rule .
- Create a tax rule (Example: all USA with 10% tax rate), and apply it.
- Navigate to Marketing > Cart Price Rules , and Add New Rule .
- Create a rule with 100% discount for all users .
- Make an order on the Storefront:
- Choose Free Shipping .
- Apply Coupon Code .
Navigate to Sales > Orders , and open your order.
Create an invoice for the order, and open it.
Expected results :
The invoice Grand Total = $0.00 , as expected.
Actual results :
The invoice with the a Grand Total = tax amount is created.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches .
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches .
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches .
- Check patch for Magento issue with Quality Patches Tool .
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.