The MDVA-36286 patch solves the issue where the Page Builder products widget preview breaks if the same SKU has a different position in subcategories. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) v.1.0.23 is installed. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
- The patch was designed for Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.6
- The patch is also compatible with Magento Commerce and Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.6 - 2.4.2-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new QPT tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
- Create a category with a few products.
- Create a sub-category with the same products, but with different positions. .
- Edit a CMS page content to add a Product widget via Page Builder. (Select the parent category above). .
- Save and wait for the content preview.
Content preview displays the product widget.
We're sorry, an error has occurred while generating this content.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Quality Patches Tool.
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.