The MDVA-37082 Magento patch fixes the issue when the partial index of stock status for grouped products is wrong for custom stocks. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.25 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-37082. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento 2.4.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version: Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.4-p2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions: Adobe Commerce on-premises and Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.0-2.4.2-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Incremental indexing of grouped product child products can cause incorrect other grouped products to be incorrectly indexed when children are shared.
- Create a new stock and source for the main website.
- Create 3 simple products with qty 10,15 and 0.
- Create 2 grouped products and assing first simple product with qty 10 to one and other 2 simple products to the other.
- Confirm that both grouped products can be accessible from the frontend, in stock.
- Assign the simple product with qty 0 to the first grouped product's Up-Sell Products.
- Clean the Full-Page Cache and check the 2nd Grouped Product from the frontend.
- Run a full re-index.
- Check the 2nd Grouped Product from the frontend.
- Save the 1st Grouped Product.
- Clean Full-Page Cache and check the 2nd Grouped Product from the frontend.
Grouped Product is not out of stock after saving another Grouped Product with Up-sell. The issue is resolved after a full re-index.
The 2nd Grouped Product goes out of stock when you save the 1st Grouped Product.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links to our developer documentation, depending on your Adobe Commerce deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Quality Patches Tool.
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.