The MDVA-37916 Magento patch fixes the issue of PayPal Payments Advanced not returning to the confirmation page after payment. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.25 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-37916. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento 2.4.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version: Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.6-p1
Compatible with Magento versions: Magento Commerce and Magneto Commerce Cloud 2.3.6-2.4.2-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new QPT tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
The customer is not taken to the Payment Confirmation page after payment when using the PayPal Payments Advanced method.
- Add product to cart and navigate to the payment step of the checkout page.
- Select Credit Card (Payflow Advanced) payment option.
- Click Continue to bring up the iframe with the payment form.
- Fill the payment form with sandbox credit card details.
- Card number: 4444 3333 2222 1111 or 4111 1111 1111 1111
- Expiration date: 12/23
- CSC: 123
- Click Pay Now.
After the payment is processed and the payment is successful, you are redirected to the Order Confirmation page.
- You are NOT redirected to the Order Confirmation page.
- But the order has been created in Magento.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Quality Patches Tool.
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.