The MDVA-38132 patch fixes the issue of infinite redirect when the backend URL is different from the default website URL. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.25 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-38132. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version: Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.4-p2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions: Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.3-2.4.2-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
The Commerce Admin panel has an infinite redirect when the backend URL is different from the default website URL.
- Base URL is used for both backend and storefront. Base Secure URL is not used.
- The web server is configured so that Adobe Commerce is accessible via two different URLs. URL1 is used for Adobe Commerce installation.
- Go to Admin Panel > Stores > Configuration > Web.
- Leave original Base URL in global configuration. It's your URL1.
- Switch to Main Website scope.
- Change Base URL to a different URL (see preconditions to set up web server correctly). This is your URL2.
- Clear cache (if necessary and possible).
- Open Admin Panel.
Admin Panel is successfully opened and can be navigated. Main Website's store is successfully opened and can be navigated.
Infinite redirect happens. Adobe Commerce redirects from URL1 to URL2 and continues back and forth.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Adobe Commerce product:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.