The MDVA-38132 Magento patch fixes the issue of infinite redirect when the backend URL is different from the default website URL. This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool 1.0.25 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-38132. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version: Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.4-p2
Compatible with Magento versions: Magento Commerce and Magneto Commerce Cloud 2.3.3-2.4.2-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new MQP tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run ./vendor/bin/magento-patches status.
Magento Admin panel has an infinite redirect when the backend URL is different from the default website URL.
- Base URL is used for both backend and storefront. Base Secure URL is not used.
- The web server is configured so that Magento is accessible via two different URLs. URL1 is used for Magento installation.
- Go to Admin Panel > Stores > Configuration > Web.
- Leave original Base URL in global configuration. It's your URL1.
- Switch to Main Website scope.
- Change Base URL to a different URL (see preconditions to set up web server correctly). This is your URL2.
- Clear cache (if necessary and possible).
- Open Admin Panel.
Admin Panel is successfully opened and can be navigated. Main Website's store is successfully opened and can be navigated.
Infinite redirect happens. Magento redirects from URL1 to URL2 and continues back and forth.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.