The MDVA-38468 Magento patch fixes the issue where users get the error message: Item with the same ID "PAGE_ID" already exists, when saving a CMS page. This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool 1.0.26 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-38468. Please note that the issue was fixed in Magento 2.3.6.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version: Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.2-p2
Compatible with Magento versions: Magento Commerce and Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.2-2.3.5-p2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new MQP tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run ./vendor/bin/magento-patches status.
When trying to save a CMS page, you receive the following error message: Item with the same ID "PAGE_ID" already exists.
- Create a new Website + Store + Storeview.
- Create one more Website + Store + Storeview.
- Go to Content > Hierarchy > Add any existing CMS page to hierarchy tree.
- Go to Content > Pages > Add New Page:
- Add any title.
- In Page in Websites section assign to both created Storeviews.
- In Hierarchy section assign to any category.
- Save and Continue Edit.
The page is saved without any error.
The page is saved, but you get the following error message: Item (Magento\VersionsCms\Model\Hierarchy\Node) with the same ID "PAGE_ID" already exists.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.