The MDVA-38468 Adobe Commerce patch fixes the issue where users get the error message: Item with the same ID "PAGE_ID" already exists, when saving a CMS page. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.26 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-38468. Please note that the issue was fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.3.6.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version: Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.2-p2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions: Adobe Commerce and Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.2-2.3.5-p2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new QPT tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, run
When trying to save a CMS page, you receive the following error message: Item with the same ID "PAGE_ID" already exists.
- Create a new Website + Store + Storeview.
- Create one more Website + Store + Storeview.
- Go to Content > Hierarchy > Add any existing CMS page to hierarchy tree.
- Go to Content > Pages > Add New Page:
- Add any title.
- In Page in Websites section assign to both created Storeviews.
- In Hierarchy section assign to any category.
- Save and Continue Edit.
The page is saved without any error.
The page is saved, but you get the following error message: Item (Magento\VersionsCms\Model\Hierarchy\Node) with the same ID "PAGE_ID" already exists.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Adobe Commerce product:
- See Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation for Adobe Commerce.
- See Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation for Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool.
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.