The MDVA-37068 patch fixes the issue when the Checkout Page displays an incorrect tax rate for virtual products. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.26 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-37068. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version: Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.5-p2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions: Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.1-2.4.2-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new QPT tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, run
Incorrect tax rate is displayed on Checkout Page when the Shopping Cart has only virtual products.
- Create two separate tax rates and tax rules for two different countries - for example 10% and 1%.
- Create a virtual product.
- Run reindex and clean cache.
- Create a customer.
- Add different billing and shipping addresses.
- Add a virtual product to the cart.
- Check the Cart and Checkout Page.
The tax displayed on the Cart and Checkout Page are the same.
The tax displayed on the Cart and Checkout Page are NOT the same.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.