The MDVA-37068 Magento patch fixes the issue when the Checkout Page displays an incorrect tax rate for virtual products. This patch is available when the Magento Quality Patch (MQP) tool 1.0.26 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-37068. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento 2.4.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version: Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.5-p2
Compatible with Magento versions: Magento Commerce and Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.1-2.4.2-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new MQP tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run ./vendor/bin/magento-patches status.
Incorrect tax rate is displayed on Checkout Page when the Shopping Cart has only virtual products.
- Create two separate tax rates and tax rules for two different countries - for example 10% and 1%.
- Create a virtual product.
- Run reindex and clean cache.
- Create a customer.
- Add different billing and shipping addresses.
- Add a virtual product to the cart.
- Check the Cart and Checkout Page.
The tax displayed on the Cart and Checkout Page are the same.
The tax displayed on the Cart and Checkout Page are NOT the same.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches.
To learn more about Magento Quality Patches, refer to:
- Magento Quality Patches released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Magento Quality Patches.
For info about other patches available in MQP tool, refer to the Patches available in MQP tool section.