The MDVA-38308 Magento patch solves the issue where users get the error message: Notice: Undefined index: extension in /lib/internal/Magento/Framework/File/Uploader.php on line 806, when adding Vimeo videos to disabled products. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.26 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-38308. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Magento 2.4.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Magento version: Magento Commerce Cloud 2.4.1-p1, 2.4.2-p1
Compatible with Magento versions: Magento Commerce and Magento Commerce Cloud 2.3.5 - 2.3.6-p1, 2.4.0 - 2.4.1-p1, 2.4.2 - 2.4.2-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new QPT tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
When adding Vimeo videos to disabled products, you receive the following error message: Notice: Undefined index: extension in /lib/internal/Magento/Framework/File/Uploader.php on line 806
- Create a simple product.
- Disable the created product.
- Try to add a Vimeo video to the disabled product.
Video is added without any error.
You get the following error:
Notice: Undefined index: extension in /lib/internal/Magento/Framework/File/Uploader.php on line 806
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your Magento product:
- Magento Commerce: DevDocs Software Update Guide > Apply Patches.
- Magento Commerce Cloud: DevDocs Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check if patch is available for your Magento issue using Quality Patches Tool.
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.