The MDVA-38799 Adobe Commerce patch solves the issue where downloadable products are not saved after creating a staging update. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.0 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-38799. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce on our cloud architecture 2.4.1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.0-2.4.2-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new QPT tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Magento version, run
Downloadable products are not saved after creating a staging update. Users get the error message: The downloadable sample is not related to the product. Verify the link and try again.
- Navigate to Catalog > Products.
- Click the dropdown next to Add Product and select Downloadable Product.
- Fill out the name, SKU, price, and quantity of the product.
- Scroll down to the Downloadable Information page.
- Under Samples, click Add Link.
- Fill out the Title, Upload File (the type of file does not matter).
- Click Save. You will get the following message: You saved the product.
- Click Schedule New Update at the top of the page.
- Fill out the Update Name, and a legal Start Date and End Date.
- Click Save on the staging update.
- Click Save on the product.
The product is saved without any error.
You get the error message: The downloadable sample is not related to the product. Verify the link and try again.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your deployment type:
- Adobe Commerce on-premise: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on our cloud architecture: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool.
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.