The MDVA-38799 patch solves the issue where downloadable products are not saved after creating a staging update. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.0 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-38799. Please note that the issue was fixed in Adobe Commerce version 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.4.1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.0-2.4.2-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Downloadable products are not saved after creating a staging update. Users get the error message: The downloadable sample is not related to the product. Verify the link and try again.
- Navigate to Catalog > Products.
- Click the dropdown next to Add Product and select Downloadable Product.
- Fill out the name, SKU, price, and quantity of the product.
- Scroll down to the Downloadable Information page.
- Under Samples, click Add Link.
- Fill out the Title, Upload File (the type of file does not matter).
- Click Save. You will get the following message: You saved the product.
- Click Schedule New Update at the top of the page.
- Fill out the Update Name and a legal Start Date and End Date.
- Click Save on the staging update.
- Click Save on the product.
The product is saved without any error.
You get the error message: The downloadable sample is not related to the product. Verify the link and try again.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.