Web API unable to process requests with more than 20 items in array
This article provides a solution for the issue where Web API is unable to process a message that contains more than 20 items in the array for Adobe Commerce 2.4.3.
Affected products and versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.3 and 2.3.7-p1
- Magento Open Source 2.4.3 and 2.3.7-p1
Web API is unable to process the message (for example, Stock Update) that contains more than 20 items in array.
In Adobe Commerce 2.4.3, the built-in Rate limiting was added to Magento APIs to prevent denial-of-service (DoS) attacks.
By default, the following built-in API rate limiting is available:
- REST requests containing inputs representing a list of entities are limited to a default maximum of 20 entities
- REST and GraphQL queries that allow paginated results are limited to a default maximum of 300 items per page
To disable the input limits on the REST API request, apply one of the following patches (depending on your version):
Compatible Adobe Commerce versions
The patches were created for:
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.4.3 and 2.3.7-p1
- Adobe Commerce on-premises 2.4.3 and 2.3.7-p1
The patches are not compatible with any other Adobe Commerce versions.
How to apply the patch
Unzip the downloaded
.zip file and apply the patch as described in How to apply a composer patch provided by Adobe.
API security > Rate limiting in our developer documentation.