The MDVA-36021 patch solves the issue where users get Call to a member function getId() error message when trying to open order details. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.1 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-36021. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce version 2.4.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce on our cloud infrastructure 2.4.1, 2.4.2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.0 - 2.4.2-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
When users try to open order details, the following error message is displayed on the order details page in the Admin: report.CRITICAL: Error: Call to a member function getId() on array in /magento2ce/app/code/Magento/Sales/view/adminhtml/templates/order/totals/tax.phtml:62.
The system should have tax settings and orders with specific tax rates.
- Log in to the Commerce Admin.
- Go to Sales > Orders > Open Order.
The order is opened without any error.
You get an error message similar to the following: report.CRITICAL: Error: Call to a member function getId() on array in /magento2ce/app/code/Magento/Sales/view/adminhtml/templates/order/totals/tax.phtml:62.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment type:
- Adobe Commerce on-premise: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on our cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about quality patches for Adobe Commerce, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality patches Tool.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT section.