The MDVA-36021 patch solves the issue where users get Call to a member function getId() error message when trying to open order details. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.1 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-36021. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce version 2.4.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce on our cloud infrastructure 2.4.1, 2.4.2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.0 - 2.4.2-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, run
When users try to open order details, the following error message is displayed on the order details page in the Admin: report.CRITICAL: Error: Call to a member function getId() on array in /magento2ce/app/code/Magento/Sales/view/adminhtml/templates/order/totals/tax.phtml:62.
The system should have tax settings and orders with specific tax rates.
- Log in to the Commerce Admin.
- Go to Sales > Orders > Open Order.
The order is opened without any error.
You get an error message similar to the following: report.CRITICAL: Error: Call to a member function getId() on array in /magento2ce/app/code/Magento/Sales/view/adminhtml/templates/order/totals/tax.phtml:62.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment type:
- Adobe Commerce on-premise: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on our cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about quality patches for Adobe Commerce, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality patches Tool.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT section.