The MDVA-36021 patch solves the issue where users get Call to a member function getId() error message when trying to open order details. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.1 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-36021. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.4.1, 2.4.2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.0 - 2.4.2-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
When users try to open order details, the following error message is displayed on the order details page in the Admin: report.CRITICAL: Error: Call to a member function getId() on array in /magento2ce/app/code/Magento/Sales/view/adminhtml/templates/order/totals/tax.phtml:62.
The system should have tax settings and orders with specific tax rates.
- Log in to the Commerce Admin.
- Go to Sales > Orders > Open Order.
The order is opened without any error.
You get an error message similar to the following: report.CRITICAL: Error: Call to a member function getId() on array in /magento2ce/app/code/Magento/Sales/view/adminhtml/templates/order/totals/tax.phtml:62.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.