The MDVA-38827 patch fixes the issue where customers receive an order shipment email containing the following error message: We're sorry, an error has occurred while generating this content. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.0 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-38827. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.4.2-p1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.3-p1 – 2.4.2-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
When the Notify Customers by Email option for shipment is selected, customers receive an email containing the following error message: We're sorry, an error has occurred while generating this content.
- Go to Marketing > Communications > Email Templates and select Add New Template.
- Select Magento Sales > New Shipment.
- Click on Load Template.
- Add a template name (e.g., Core Shipping Template) and click Save.
- Go to Store > Settings > Configuration > Sales > Sales Email:
- Enable Shipment Comments.
- Select Core Shipping Template (refer to the "Add a template name" part of Step 1) under Shipment Comment Email Template and Shipment Comment Email Template for Guest.
- Place an order. Go to the Admin panel > Sales > Order, click View, and then ship the order.
- The order state will change from Pending to Processing.
- Click Shipments on the left sidebar menu and then click View to see the order.
- Add a comment in Comment Text below Shipment History and check the checkbox Notify Customer by Email.
- Click Submit Comment.
Sales email with shipment comments is generated.
The following error message is received in the email: We're sorry, an error has occurred while generating this content.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.