The MDVA-38827 Adobe Commerce patch fixes the issue where customers receive an order shipment email containing the following error message: We're sorry, an error has occurred while generating this content. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.0 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-38827. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
Adobe Commerce on our cloud infrastructure 2.4.2-p1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
Adobe Commerce on-premises and Adobe Commerce on our cloud infrastructure 2.3.3-p1 – 2.4.2-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
When the Notify Customers by Email option for shipment is selected, customers receive an email containing the following error message: We're sorry, an error has occurred while generating this content.
- Go to Marketing > Communications > Email Templates and select Add New Template.
- Select Magento Sales > New Shipment.
- Click on Load Template.
- Add a template name (e.g., Core Shipping Template) and click Save.
- Go to Store > Settings > Configuration > Sales > Sales Email:
- Enable Shipment Comments.
- Select Core Shipping Template (refer to the "Add a template name" part of Step 1) under Shipment Comment Email Template and Shipment Comment Email Template for Guest.
- Place an order. Go to the Admin panel > Sales > Order, click View, and then ship the order.
- The order state will change from Pending to Processing.
- Click Shipments on the left sidebar menu and then click View to see the order.
- Add a comment in Comment Text below Shipment History and check the checkbox Notify Customer by Email.
- Click Submit Comment.
Sales email with shipment comments is generated.
The following error message is received in the email: We're sorry, an error has occurred while generating this content.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment type:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premise: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce for cloud: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about quality patches for Adobe Commerce, refer to:
- Quality patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT section.