The MDVA-22026 patch fixes the issue of being unable to import product images from an external URL.
This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.0.20 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-22026. Please note that the issue was fixed in Adobe Commerce version 2.3.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version: Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.2-p2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions: Adobe Commerce on-premises and Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.3.2-2.3.3-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new QPT tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, run
Steps to reproduce:
- In Admin, go to System > Import.
- Set Entity Type = Products.
- Set Import Behavior = Add/Update.
- Set Allowed Errors Count = 10000.
- Select the file for import.
- Click the Check Data button (which should validate the file).
- Click the Import button.
Successful import of products from CSV files, including images from external URLs, as expected.
Unsuccessful import of products from CSV files, including images from external URLs, and receive a similar error:
1. Imported resource (image) could not be downloaded from external resource due to timeout or access permissions in row(s): 4, 5, 8, 9, 16, 18, 20, 21, 22, 23, 26, 27, 28, 52, 53, 55, 58, 63, 70, 71, 77, 78, 83, 84, 91
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check patch for Adobe Commerce issue with Quality Patches Tool.
For info about other patches available in QPT tool, refer to the Patches available in QPT tool section.