This article provides a solution for the issue when all error messages on the storefront display with a "+" sign instead of a space. This solution helps error messages remain readable.
Affected products and versions
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.4.0
- Adobe Commerce on-premises 2.4.0.
- Go to Create New Account page on the storefront.
- Create a new account using a registered email. The following message is displayed:
The issue is caused by a PHP 7.4.2 issue related to set\read cookies. See PHP BUG #79174 setcookie() encodes space as `+`, but $_COOKIE no longer decodes them.
To solve this issue, use another version of PHP 7.4.x. PHP 7.4.2 is not supported by Adobe Commerce 2.4.0.
Related readings in our support knowledge base:
- Commerce 2.4.0 known issue: Braintree payment methods do not show up in Multiple Addresses checkout
- Shipping labels creation known issue in Adobe Commerce 2.4.0
- Adobe Commerce 2.4.0 known issue: Refresh on Customer's Activities does not work
- Adobe Commerce 2.4.0 known issue: Export Tax Rates does not work
- Adobe Commerce 2.4.0 known issue: “Add selections to my cart” button does not work