This article provides a solution for the issue when all error messages on the storefront display with a "+" sign instead of a space. This solution helps error messages remain readable.
Affected products and versions
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure 2.4.0
- Adobe Commerce on-premises 2.4.0.
- Go to Create New Account page on the storefront.
- Create a new account using a registered email. The following message is displayed:
The issue is caused by a PHP 7.4.2 issue related to set\read cookies. See PHP BUG #79174 setcookie() encodes space as `+`, but $_COOKIE no longer decodes them.
To solve this issue, use another version of PHP 7.4.x. PHP 7.4.2 is not supported by Adobe Commerce 2.4.0.
- Adobe Commerce 2.4.0 known issue: Braintree payment methods do not show up in Multiple Addresses checkout in our support knowledge base.
- Shipping labels creation known issue in Adobe Commerce 2.4.0 in our support knowledge base.
- Adobe Commerce 2.4.0 known issue - refresh on Customer's Activities does not work in our support knowlegde base.
- Adobe Commerce 2.4.0 known issue - Export Tax Rates does not work in our support knowledge base.
- Adobe Commerce 2.4.0 known issue: “Add selections to my cart” button does not work in our support knowledge base.