The MDVA-39043 Adobe Commerce patch fixes the issue where admin users with limited access get an error while adding the "Products" widget to the CMS page. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.2 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-39043. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.2-p1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.4 – 2.4.3
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, run
Admin users with limited access get an error while adding the “Products” widget to the CMS page.
- Log in to the backend using the admin with access only to edit content.
- Go to Content > Pages.
- Open any page to edit.
- Edit the content with Page Builder.
- Add Product widget from Add content section.
- Click Configure on the Product widget.
No error is shown.
The following error message is received:
*A technical problem with the server created an error. Try again to continue what you were doing. If the problem persists, try again later.*
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment type:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about quality patches for Adobe Commerce, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT section.