The MDVA-39966 patch solves the issue where the user is unable to deploy locales other than en_US. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.2 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-39966. Please note that the issue was fixed in Adobe Commerce version 2.4.1.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment types) 2.3.5-p2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment types) 2.3.0 - 2.3.5-p2, 2.4.0 - 2.4.0-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, run
Unable to deploy locales other than en_US.
- Configure two store views with different locales, for example - en_US and de_DE.
- Try to deploy static content for these locales by running the following command:
bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy --language=en_US bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy --language=de_DE
de_DE locale is deployed.
bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy --language=de_DE Deploy using quick strategy adminhtml/Magento/backend/de_DE 2416/2416 ============================ 100% 9 secs frontend/Magento/blank/de_DE 2486/2486 ============================ 100% 7 secs frontend/Magento/luma/de_DE 2504/2504 ============================ 100% 8 secs Execution time: 27.062166929245
en_US locale deployed instead of de_DE:
bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy --language=de_DE Deploy using quick strategy adminhtml/Magento/backend/en_US 2416/2416 ============================ 100% 2 secs frontend/Magento/blank/en_US 2486/2486 ============================ 100% 1 sec frontend/Magento/luma/en_US 2504/2504 ============================ 100% 2 secs
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment type:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT section.