The MDVA-39966 patch solves the issue where the user is unable to deploy locales other than en_US. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.2 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-39966. Please note that the issue was fixed in Adobe Commerce version 2.4.1.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment types) 2.3.5-p2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment types) 2.3.0 - 2.3.5-p2, 2.4.0 - 2.4.0-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Unable to deploy locales other than en_US.
- Configure two store views with different locales, for example - en_US and de_DE.
- Try to deploy static content for these locales by running the following command:
bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy --language=en_US bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy --language=de_DE
de_DE locale is deployed.
bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy --language=de_DE Deploy using quick strategy adminhtml/Magento/backend/de_DE 2416/2416 ============================ 100% 9 secs frontend/Magento/blank/de_DE 2486/2486 ============================ 100% 7 secs frontend/Magento/luma/de_DE 2504/2504 ============================ 100% 8 secs Execution time: 27.062166929245
en_US locale deployed instead of de_DE:
bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy --language=de_DE Deploy using quick strategy adminhtml/Magento/backend/en_US 2416/2416 ============================ 100% 2 secs frontend/Magento/blank/en_US 2486/2486 ============================ 100% 1 sec frontend/Magento/luma/en_US 2504/2504 ============================ 100% 2 secs
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment type:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT section.