The MDVA-39923 patch fixes the issue where customers get an error when they search the order by SKU in B2B quick order functionality with a different case than the one with which the name is saved. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.2 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-39923. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.1-p1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.1 – 2.4.2-p2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Searching by SKU in B2B quick order functionality is case-sensitive and shows an error when a different case is used than the one with which the SKU is saved.
B2B modules are installed.
- Log in to the admin and go to Stores > Configuration > B2B.
- Enable Shared Catalog and Quick Order.
- Create a product with uppercase SKU, e.g., TEST20-1234
- Assign created product to the Shared Catalog.
- Log in as a customer and click on Quick Order.
- Enter the SKU in lowercase, e.g., test20-1234.
The product should be found irrespective of the case used.
The following error message is received: 1 product(s) require(s) your attention.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.