The MDVA-38852 patch solves the issue where the catalog inventory locks tables for updates which significantly decreases performance when several parallel orders are placed. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.2 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-38852. Please note that the issue was fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.3.6.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment types) 2.3.3
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment types) 2.3.0 - 2.3.5-p2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, run
Catalog inventory locks tables for updates which significantly decreases performance in cases when several parallel orders are placed.
- Add a product to the cart.
- Proceed to checkout and try to place an order.
- There is no deadlocks.
- Performance is not decreased in cases when several parallel orders are placed.
- Placing an order is extremely slow when there are multiple concurrent users.
- Deadlock errors occur which look like the following:
"SQLSTATE: Serialization failure: 1213 Deadlock found when trying to get lock; try restarting transaction, query was: INSERT INTO `quote_payment` (`quote_id`, `method`, `additional_information`) VALUES (?, ?, ?)"
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment type:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT section.