The MDVA-39384 patch solves the issue where the custom customer attribute for a company user is not saved. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.2 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-39384. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.1 - 2.3.6, 2.4.1 - 2.4.3
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Custom customer attribute for a company user is not saved.
B2B modules are installed.
- Go to Stores > Settings > Configuration > B2B Features and set the Enable Company to Yes.
- Create a custom customer attribute:
- Values Required: Yes (optional, enable it so the validation error is displayed).
- Show on Storefront: Yes.
- Forms to Use In: All available in the list.
- Create a Company and log in as the company admin.
- Navigate to Company Structure in your account.
- Click on the Add User link.
- Fill the form including the custom attribute.
- Click Save.
The custom attribute values are saved with the new company user.
The custom attribute values are NOT saved with the new company user.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.