MDVA-37364: Custom customer attribute of date type breaks Grid UI
The MDVA-37364 patch solves the issue where the custom customer attribute of date type breaks the Customer Grid UI. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.2 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-37364. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce version 2.4.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.0-2.4.2-p2
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the [!DNL Quality Patches Tool]: Search for patches page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Custom customer attribute of date type breaks the Customer Grid UI.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a custom attribute with date type:
- Go to Stores > Attributes > Add Attribute.
- Set the Input Type to Date.
- Set the Add to Column Options to Yes.
- Save the attribute.
- Go to Admin > Customers > All Customers.
- Add the newly added custom attribute to the grid from the columns option.
- Create/Edit a customer and set the value of the created custom date attribute field.
- Save, reindex, and clear cache.
- Go to Customers > All Customers.
The Admin Customer Grid shows all data including the new date custom attribute without breaking the Customer Grid UI.
The Admin Customer Grid UI is broken.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment type:
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT section.