The MDVA-40401 patch fixes the issue where coupon usage value changes even after a failed order. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.4 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-40401. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.2-p2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.6 - 2.3.7-p2, 2.4.1 - 2.4.3-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Users are not able to reapply the coupon once they have used it in a failed order.
- Create a shopping cart rule with autogenerated coupons.
- Add a product to the cart and apply the coupon.
- Go to Checkout.
- Make the added product "out of stock" before placing the order.
- You should get an out of stock error.
- Run cron.
- Go to the cart and remove that product.
- Add another product and apply the coupon.
The coupon code should apply successfully as the previous order was not placed.
You get a coupon code is invalid error.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment type:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT section.