The MDVA-40399 patch fixes the issue where partial invoices for the same order cannot be created simultaneously via Rest API. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.4 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-40399. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.2-p1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.2 – 2.4.3-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Partial invoices for the same orders cannot be created simultaneously using Rest API.
A configurable product with at least two variations.
- Add both variants of the configurable product to the cart.
- Place the order.
- Create two invoices simultaneously for the order via the Rest API.
- Both invoices must be created successfully.
qty_invoicedshould be updated for both invoices in the
- Both products should have invoiced quantity.
- Both invoices are created successfully.
qty_invoicedis not updated against one of the invoices in the
- In the Admin's Order View page, the invoices quantity is displayed only for one product.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT section.