MDVA-29400: Duplicated orders placed with PayPal Express Checkout
The MDVA-29400 patch solves the issue where duplicated orders are created when customers place orders with PayPal Express Checkout. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.4 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-29400. Please note that the issue was fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.1.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.4
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.0 - 2.3.7-p1, 2.4.0 - 2.4.0-p1
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Duplicated orders are created when users place orders with PayPal Express Checkout.
Enabled and configured PayPal Express Checkout.
Steps to reproduce:
- Add a product to Cart.
- Go to the Checkout Page and use PayPal Express as the payment method.
- It will redirect to paypal/express/review/ page.
- Place order. You will be redirected to Success Page.
- Go back to PayPal/express/review/ Page.
- Click on the Place Order button.
Only one order is created.
You get the following error: PayPal Express Checkout Token does not exist, but the second order is successfully placed.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT section.