The MDVA-39482 fixes the issue where the product goes out of stock if imported with "0" quantity when MSI and backorders are enabled and the Out-of-Stock Threshold is set to a minus value. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.4 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-39482. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.1-p1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.6 – 2.3.7-p2, 2.4.1 - 2.4.3-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
The product goes out of stock if imported with "0" quantity when MSI and backorders are enabled and the Out-of-Stock Threshold is set to a minus value.
- MSI and sample data must be installed.
- Go to Stores > Configurations > Catalog > Inventory:
- Set Backorders to "Allow Qty Below 0"
- Set Out-of-Stock Threshold to "-10"
Make sure the SKU is In Stock and has quantity 24-MB01.
Import the Stock Sources' CSV. Make sure you select "Stock Sources" in Entity Type:
Check the product's stock status after the Stock Sources have been imported.
24-MB01 is In Stock in Storefront.
24-MB01 is Out-of-Stock in Storefront.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT section.