The MDVA-41061 patch fixes the issue where the stock status resets to saleable when the product is saved from the Admin. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.5 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-41061. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.2-p1
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.2 - 2.4.2-p2
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Stock status resets to saleable when the product is saved from the Admin.
Inventory modules is installed.
- Create a simple product with Qty = 1.
- Place an order using the product created in step 1.
- Run cron - make sure
inventory.reservations.updateSalabilityStatusqueue is executed and product stock status has been changed to zero in the
- Check product on the frontend. It should be marked as Out of Stock.
- Save product in the Admin without any changes.
- Stock status should not be updated.
- The product should be Out of Stock on the frontend.
- Simple product is marked as In Stock on the frontend.
- Users get The requested qty is not available message when trying to add it to the cart.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to Patches available in QPT in our developer documentation.