The MDVA-41164 patch solves the issue where the admin user is not able to save or edit a company with custom customer attributes of files or images of any type. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.5 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-41164. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.2 - 2.4.3
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Admin user is not able to save or edit a company with custom customer attributes of files or images of any type.
B2B module is installed.
- Enable Company in Stores > Config > B2B Features.
- Create a customer attribute in Stores > Attributes > Customers > Add New Attribute:
- Input type: File (attachment)
- Show on Storefront: Yes
- Sort order: Any
- Forms to Use In: Select all
- Create a new company in Customers > Companies > Add New Company and upload a file for the new attribute created above.
User is able to complete the creation of the company and the attachment is uploaded without any error.
- You get an error message: Something went wrong while saving file.
- Exception log contains a record like the following:
report.CRITICAL: Notice: Undefined index: customer in ../app/code/Magento/Customer/Controller/Adminhtml/File/Customer/Upload.php on line 69
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT section.