The MDVA-40545 patch solves the issue where only the first node for a page is retrieved even if there are more than one node for the same page. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.5 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-40545. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.0 - 2.4.3-p1
Note: the patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Only the first node for a page is retrieved even if there are more than one node for the same page.
- In the Admin Panel, go to Hierarchy and add two menu items/nodes.
- Add the same CMS page to each node.
- Clear cache and check the frontend.
- Check link and breadcrumbs for the first added sub-menu.
- Check link and breadcrumbs for the second added sub-menu.
Breadcrumbs and link on the second sub-menu are relevant to the second node.
Breadcrumbs and link on the second sub-menu are the same as the first sub-menu.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
- Adobe Commerce or Magento Open Source on-premises: Software Update Guide > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
- Adobe Commerce on cloud infrastructure: Upgrades and Patches > Apply Patches in our developer documentation.
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
- Quality Patches Tool released: a new tool to self-serve quality patches in our support knowledge base.
- Check if patch is available for your Adobe Commerce issue using Quality Patches Tool in our support knowledge base.
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT section.