MDVA-41046: Simple products with custom options not available for assigning
The MDVA-41046 patch solves the issue where simple products with custom options are not available for assigning to configurable/grouped product. This patch is available when the Quality Patches Tool (QPT) 1.1.5 is installed. The patch ID is MDVA-41046. Please note that the issue is scheduled to be fixed in Adobe Commerce 2.4.4.
Affected products and versions
The patch is created for Adobe Commerce version:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.4.2
Compatible with Adobe Commerce versions:
- Adobe Commerce (all deployment methods) 2.3.0 - 2.4.3-p1
The patch might become applicable to other versions with new Quality Patches Tool releases. To check if the patch is compatible with your Adobe Commerce version, update the
magento/quality-patches package to the latest version and check the compatibility on the QPT landing page. Use the patch ID as a search keyword to locate the patch.
Simple products with custom options are not available for assigning to configurable/grouped product.
Steps to reproduce:
- Create a simple product with customizable options and set a value for the configurable attribute.
- Use Color as the configurable attribute, and select Yellow as the color value.
- Save the simple product.
- Now go to the create configurable product page.
- Go through the "Create configuration" wizard and make sure to select Yellow as the attribute color.
- Without saving the configurable product, select "Choose different product" option from the Select dropdown.
- This will open a product grid that is filtered by color attribute yellow. Now select the simple product that was created previously with customizable options.
- Save the configurable product.
The simple product with custom options is available for assigning (visible in grid) in step 6.
Configuration section is empty.
Apply the patch
To apply individual patches, use the following links depending on your deployment method:
To learn more about Quality Patches Tool, refer to:
For info about other patches available in QPT, refer to the Patches available in QPT section.